Monday, December 3, 2018

Growth Hormone approved on PBS!


Yay!!!! Growth Hormone Replacement therapy for people with Growth Hormone Insufficiency!


Great news for people with growth hormone insufficiency in Australia. Growth Hormone is now on the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme which means free Growth Hormone!
I’ve waited for this day since I was 19 and cut off Growth Hormone after three years on it. I grew to 154cm and noticed a difference in my metabolism and quality of life. I have Panhypopituitarism, a disease of the pituitary caused by an underdeveloped pituitary gland and absent pituitary stalk. It affects my health on a daily basis and means that I have no growth hormones in my system.
I’m so happy that the government has listened.
I’m seeing my Endocrinologist this month and I will definitely be bringing it up with her.
I can’t wait!!!!! 😀🎉👍🤩

No comments:

Post a Comment